{designer profile: phillip mitchell}

One of my favorite things to post about on this blog is the work of designers that I admire most. What makes me even more happy? When the designers are fellow Canadians, I get a little swell of pride that our country is loaded with fabulous design talent. Enter Phillip Mitchell, a Toronto-based designer with sophisticated & elegant style that is right up my alley! Think timeless details like fluting, panelling, antique mixed seamlessly with new, herringbone & marble ... it's like a list of all my favorite things combined ...

Here is a look at some of his work:




Look at that lush path of hydrangeas!





What had me nearly falling out of my chair last week was the video house tour of Phillip's own downtown Toronto apartment on House & Home's web site! When you have a free moment you must click the image below to watch, it's utterly gorgeous.


Here are a few images from the apartment, but if you watch the video you will notice that artwork, light fixtures, furnishings etc. have been changed or moved around {I love to see the changes designers make to their own homes over time}. And the dining room is now sporting a lovely grey-blue coat of high-gloss paint.










Just look at those fabulous details!





I love how details like the fluting on the vanity below are repeated throughout the home {it's all in the details}:


Gosh I just adore every teensy-weensy detail. To see even more of Phillip's wonderful work go here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment