{sarah's house 4: master ensuite & basement}

I loved both rooms that Sarah & Tommy tackled this week; the master ensuite and the basement. Sarah does bathrooms well, and this was no exception! They had lots of room to play with, and included a freestanding sculptural tub, giant shower, water closet, 2 lovely re-done chairs, and a double vanity:


It's calming and dreamy isn't it? And I think it's the size of my Master bedroom! One thing I love that Sarah has been known to do in previous projects is the 'rug' look created with a border of mosaic tiles in the floor. I'd love to sport this look one day!



And it's all in the details, isn't it? Sarah took a simple shaker style vanity and brought the glam factor up a notch by having mirror cut to the size of each cabinet door, and topped it with a gorgeous glass knob. Great idea!


It reminded me of this lovely vanity in a bathroom designed by Christina Murphy, but I'll bet Sarah's was a fraction of the price:


On to the brightcozy basement, two words that wouldn't normally be used to describe a basement!


The jumping off point was the Persian rug below ($1400): lovely reds, grey and a touch of blue. Layering a rug over the carpet adds to the comfy cozy vibe and would definitely hold up against wear & tear more than the off white broadloom!



Love that grey patterened throw on the sofa, it's from Ikea!



I'd hang out and watch movies here! So what did you think of this weeks rooms? Only one more week of Sarah's House 4 left!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment