{sarah's house 4: girls bedroom & craft room}

Last night Sarah & Tommy moved upstairs to tackle the girl's bedroom and an extra room which was converted into a craft room. In passed projects, Sarah has usually utilized an extra room as a home office, but she reasoned that this is normally designed for 1 or 2 people, whereas a craft room could be for everyone in the family!

First a look at the girl's bedroom, it was cute without being too young & precious, and I liked the overall light and airy feel. All the color was through accessories that could be swapped later, and permanent fixtures such as the furniture, carpet and lighting were neutral.


I loved the Boho-chic feel, very on trend right now! If I was a young teen I'm sure I would have been in heaven here:



And the adjoining bathroom is fit for a princess! I loved that they converted an antique piece into a vanity, and placed a subtle pattern with the tilework in the shower. Again, color is only brought in with accessories, smart move:


Now onto the craft room, a fun & organized space for everyone to enjoy:


I could see staying neat and tidy being easier in a room fitted with all those Ikea organizing bins & baskets. I'd like to gift wrap in here!


So what did you think of the rooms this week? Nothing totally different or shocking, just pretty & practical I think. In terms of the upstairs portion of the house, I will be most anxious to watch the master bedroom & bathroom, can't wait :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment