{sarah's house 4: family & dining rooms}

Did you catch the 2 episodes last night?? Wow, there was a lot to digest! And for the first time one of Sarah & Tommy's rooms left me wondering what I would change if I could ... lets break it all down:

First the Family Room, very soft & inviting. I like that Sarah & Tommy changed up the color scheme in a subtle enough way {they called it 'cafe au lait'}, that it still read well with the grey kitchen.


Love the shell chandelier from West Elm and the Moorish style rug from Elte.


All the furnishings were lovely, though I was imagining a dog or a two-year old jumping up on these cream chairs or the off-white chaise!


I loved the use of cabinetry along one wall to house all the tv equipment, as opposed to using a large tv cabinet which Tommy lovingly referred to as a 'Tower of Power,' too funny! What do you think of this room? I think it is very calm & serene, probably best suited to a family with older children and possibly no pets :)

On to the dining room episode, where to begin!? This room was not a winner for me, though there were things about it that I absolutely loved.



The LOVE list:

- The SHAPE of the chairs is lovely and very regency
- I heart INKY blue in a major way
- Love the placement of a tufted settee for extra seating
- The touches of gold through the chandelier and mirrors is very pretty
- I DIE over Art Deco side boards. I would dream to own one, the swirls in the wood of these vintage pieces really attract me:


To me that wood is painfully beautiful!


The 'Not-So-Love' list:

- I personally thought there were one too many fabrics on the chairs, I would have skipped the piping on the front and/or used only 1 solid blue fabric. Interestingly, Pam over at Cherish Toronto spotted these chairs for sale back in August! Around $3000 for the set of 8. I wonder who has them now?



- I wouldn't have paid $2800 for the large equestrian artwork, though I appreciate Sarah & Tommy were trying to make a whimsical statement
- I love the idea of grasscloth, but in this deep blue for some reason the seams were showing like crazy! Did any one else notice this?
- The two-tone on the walls was the biggest bummer for me. I didn't like the lower half, I kept picturing how nice it could look with wainscotting like this:


What did you think of the dining room? I realize everyone's taste is different and so I would LOVE to hear your thoughts! If they were going for drama, I think they did very well.

Sarah & Tommy are beginning to create a bit of a rainbow in this home {lavender, grey, yellow, orange, and now blue}, not something I would probably do but I really commend their bravery!! Now I really can't wait to see what happens in the weeks to come, those two sure do keep us on our toes, which is what creative out-of-the-box design & decor really should do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment