{sarah's house 4: season wrap up}


So, Sarah's House season 4 has already come and gone! This last week included bits of the home's exterior and the final weigh-in from 3 real estate agents. Truth be told, Sarah had a lot more flexibility to change things up with regards to the building process than I think any average home-owner working with a builder would have been allowed. And I very highly doubt that many owners would be able to fork out over $100,000 in upgrades! However, I really appreciated the ideas she shared with us, and we can definitely take things from it that we could implement in our own homes - new build or not. To me it's kind of like couture runway fashions, if you take them with a grain of salt, they can translate into our own wardrobes in a more practical and affordable way!


The total costs came down to $886,720 - and I learned through Jen at Rambling Renovators that the home was actually listed at $1,050, 000 - no word on how much it sold for but it is SOLD and I'm sure Sarah did much more than break even! And apparently furnishings, custom mirrors and custom drapery were not included in the sale which was surprising to me. Oh how I'd LOVE to see what the new homeowners do with this place! What do you think? Was this home worth more than $1 million? Would you buy it and what would you change if you did? I would panel the lower half of those dining room walls faster than you could say turquoise!

All in all, I enjoyed this season, and I'm happy to learn that Sarah 101 is currently filming so we know we'll get our Sarah & Tommy fix again shortly :) By far I'd say the kitchen was my favorite space in this home, however a few of the other rooms didn't entirely do it for me. I'll never forget the very first season of Sarah's House - I'd move into that place without changing a darn thing. Since we've already looked through all the rooms on season 4, shall we take a trip down memory lane and take a peek at my personal favorite Sarah's House?










I've thoroughly enjoyed following every season of Sarah's House but this one above will still remain my ultimate fav! And I already can't wait to see what they've got cooking for Sarah 101 season 2 :) We are spoiled, aren't we??




0 comments:

Post a Comment