{trends of 2012: bathrooms & doorknobs}

Today I've got the final two picks for my list of predicted trends of 2012: bathrooms that don't immediately scream 'BATHROOM!' and centered doorknobs. I posted about the concept of bathrooms in disguise a while back, and have been seeing it everywhere lately. Incorporating artwork, lighting, and furniture you wouldn't normally think to place in the bathroom is all the rage!

And secondly, centered doorknobs are making their way from Europe to North America. I posted earlier this month about circular moldings on doors, but the centered doorknob can be present with or without the millwork. Let's take a look at these two trends:







Love it! Now let's take a peek at those centered doorknobs. Apparently some are cosmetic, while others have a mechanism running the width of the door to allow them to function. Either way they are chic!





Ok, so now that I've shared 5 trends I predict for this upcoming year {warm metals in the kitchen, watercolors, tangerine tango, and the two listed in this post}, I want to get some dialogue going and hear what all of YOU think! What did I miss? Something you feel like you've been seeing everywhere??

Let's give this a try, here are a few Q's you can copy and paste into the comments below to get the conversation started, I'd love to hear what you think!!

What was your favorite trend of 2011?:
What trend was over-done this year?:
What trends do you expect to see in the New Year?:
What's the next project you're tackling at home?:

Here are my own answers:

What was your favorite trend of 2011?: Warm metals! I added a touch of gold to my home & my wardrobe :)
What trend was over-done this year?: Toss up between ikat and chevron, I like both but we sure saw them a lot!
What trends do you expect to see in the New Year?: Pretty watercolors in fabrics, wallpapers, and art.
What's the next project you're tackling at home?: Finally painting all my interior doors black! I don't know what took me so long to decide.

0 comments:

Post a Comment