{rearranging for holiday decor}

One of the things I love most about putting up the tree and all the Christmas decorations is the chance it gives us to rearrange other pieces in our home and mix it up a bit! I have a white mirrored console in my living in the only spot the Christmas tree will fit ... so this year I opted to place the cabinet in a corner of my kitchen. Little things like that can breath new life into a space. During the spring and summer months I had this console styled like this:


But now that it is Christmas and I've moved the table I took the opportunity to do things a little differently. My challenge to myself was to re-arrange things and only use items I already own rather than going out & buying new trinkets. Here's what I came up with:


Okay, so I lied ... I did just recently purchase the cute little spruce for $5 at the grocery store. Other than that these items were placed elsewhere around my home. The books {always a must} and lamp I had on here before, but I changed up the artwork and included my own architectural rendering, added a vase from the local antique mall and a wooden box I got last year in Egypt, and it gives a totally different vibe!


Change is fun isn't it? Do you change things up for Christmas? Now I have to give a huge thank you to Laura, a reader who took the time to send me a photo of 2 of my architectural prints she purchased and hung up in her bathroom. I've never hung the 2 different prints together so I loved seeing them this way. And don't those frames she bought from Chapters Indigo look shiny and gorgeous??

This Etsy thing is still all so new to me so I really appreciate the support! On that same note, I have to thank Roseline over at This is Glamorous for including the same print in a gorgeous fall decor inspiration post here.
Happy Friday everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment