{a very happy new year ...}










Happy New Year everyone! Do you have big plans for the weekend? I'll be spending time with family & friends and soaking up the last moments of the holiday. I cannot believe 2011 has come to an end. I look forward to all that 2012 has in store ... it's a very big year for me in my life, I'm turning 30 in 6 months, graduating with a PhD in Biochemistry this spring {I know ... pretty far from interior decor right??}, hoping to travel to Europe for the first time, starting a career and chasing my dreams. I've got a laundry list of things I've written out that I'd like to accomplish before turning 30, some are small - like reading 5 books for fun, or making a point to accessorize more - some are large, like delving into my artwork more seriously and traveling to at least one new place. To mark this important year I've treated myself to a little gift - Kate Spade's 'This is the Year to' Idiom bracelet - cleverly engraved with cheeky resolutions to keep close at hand!
The inside is engraved with 'This is the Year to ...' while the outside reads ... 'play your cards right, lose yourself in a good book, add a twist, make sparks fly.' Cute right? I'm hoping to add a couple of my own phrases engraved to the inside to make it even more personal :) I'll be taking a few moments to reflect on what 2011 meant to me and what I wish to accomplish in the New Year, I hope you will too! Wishing you all the best as you celebrate, xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment