{weekend links & musings}

Happy weekend everyone! Hope yours is off to a fantastic start... I have a random assortment of things to share with you today :)

1 First things first, Happy Birthday to the most important lady in my life, my fabulous Mama!! Here's a little photo of her in her childhood, what a cutie hey?? Happy B-day Mom, love you! xo


2 Secondly, I am guest blogging over at one of my favorite blogs, Decor Happy today. Four other fabulous Canadian bloggers and myself are each sharing an organizing tip in honor of spring cleaning ... hop over to check it out ... I can't give my tip away here but I'll give you a hint ... it has something to do with this:


3 Next up, I was super excited to recieve a fun package in the mail this week! Remember I posted about this lovely spotted fabric a while back?


Well after posting about it I won a pair of these fabulous pillows over at Jen's gorgeous blog Made by Girl. The pillows are from a beautiful etsy shop called Kassapanola, and there is a lot more pretty to be had over there. I'm excited because it just so happens that my guest bedroom is already decorated in all black & white, so these are perfect! Here are the pillows sitting pretty in Jen's own guest bedroom:



So pretty! I'll be sure to take pics of them in my guest room once I hop over to IKEA for nice and fluffy feather inserts. Did you know that you can get down-filled inserts for only $6.00 at IKEA? Such a bargain.

And I'm still convinced I need two twin beds in my guest room. I want to try my hand at a couple of DIY headboards this summer, my inspiration being:


And I think these headboards may be easy enough to try:


4 Speaking of DIY's, I came across 3 DIY's this week that blew my mind. I LOVE seeing the creativity of others. Naomi of Design Manifest re-created the fabulous IKEA rast dresser once again with this amazing hack {see her blog for the deets}:


Gorgeous!! I love the campaign-imspired look. And Danika of Gorgeous Shiny Things took Chiang Mai to the next level, how cool is this blown up hand-drawn, hand-painted version?! Amazing. All the details are in her post here.



And finally Jenny of the Little Green Notebook never ceases to amaze me with her creativity. This is a fabulous transformation, she took an old dresser with a beat up back, re-finished it, stenciled on a pretty design and created a custom kitchen island! The best part: she bought a $79 dollar coffee table with a marble top and re-purposed the top on her gorgeous new island! How smart is that? You could never get a slab of marble for $79 bucks!




So much inspiration out there! I hope you enjoyed this mish-mash, and have a fantastic weekend everyone :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment