{wanted: a pile of firewood ...}

The look of firewood piled high near the fireplace sure is charming isn't it? The texture of raw wood adds more warmth to a space than almost anything else can {besides the actual fire perhaps!}.

We've seen this look a lot in the passed few years as the rustic glam trend continues. I don't have a fire-burning fireplace - but I have the PERFECT spot for a couple of piles of wood flanking my gas fireplace in the living room, so I think I am officially on the hunt! Here's a look at the spot I am thinking of, it's hard to see the empty 'holes' in the shelves, but I've outlined them in red:


Can you picture it? What do you think?? Just the rustic touch I think I'm looking for!


Here's some of my inspiration:




Love the mix of glam, feminine and refined with raw, masculine and organic! My hubby somewhat chuckled at my request for a large pile of firewood .... then when I told him how much we'd need I think he thought I was crazy .... maybe I should show him this next image so my request won't seem so grand:


Surely I don't need THAT much! :) Any one in the Vancouver area have any hints on obtaining some firewood??

I'll be back here later today to announce the art giveaway winners!

0 comments:

Post a Comment