{trendspotting: steel-trimmed cabinets}

I adore the look of dark lower cabinets and white upper cabinets in kitchens! If I were designing my dream kitchen today, it would have to sport this look ... we saw it in Tommy Smythe's kitchen and more recently, Beth Hitchcock's fabulous kitchen featured in a House & Home video tour. This gorgeous one below was spotted on H&H's blog and belongs to Isabella Cairess Favaro {watch the video tour here}:


The dark just perfectly grounds all the light & airy white, don't you think? Ok, let's take this look a step further ... trim the lowers in stainless steel frames ... heaven!



This fabulous look has been on my radar for a while now, and I love it. Brian Gluckstein {one of my favorite designers} did a kitchen using this look in this gorgeous penthouse belonging to Elte owners Ken and Renee Metrick:




Amazing right? So what would my dream kitchen have to include?? I'm so glad you asked! If I were designing it right NOW, I'd definitely include steel-trimmed dark lower cabinets, white uppers, a marble waterfall island, and a backsplash slathered in marble as well, so that the over-all look would still be bright. It's a perfect mix of feminine and masculine in my opinion:

white kitchen via prarie perch, steel trimmed cabinet via Vincent Van Duyssen

Can you picture it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment