{currently coveting: burled walnut}

In my opinion, every home needs a piece made of ...


I know I am longing for one! 

A tidbit: A burl is a tree growth in which the grain has grown in a deformed manner, and  results from a tree undergoing some form of stress. And get this - insect infestation and certain types of mold infestation are the most common causes of this condition - but yet it is prized for its beauty and rarity! Talk about taking lemons and making lemonade ...





via Lonny



Have I got you convinced?? I adore the warmth and character these pieces bring!

Hope all of my US friends had a lovely President's Day yesterday :) Here in Canada there are some provinces that have created their own Stat holiday {such as Family Day in Ontario} - however those of us in BC were back to work as usual. To all my fellow Vancouverites - *exciting news* - we are getting a February Stat holiday for the first time starting next year! BC Family Day will definitely be something to look forward too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment