{art inspiration: maps}



You've probably seen large-scale maps used in interiors as artwork time and time again, it's a classic look with an architectural reference that I love. And while you'd probably jump to thinking of a cozy den, home office, or library as the perfect place ... there are actually many fabulous options!

The hallway, for instance:


And my favorite I've come across - the dining room! I've never seen maps look so darn glamorous ...


Erin Gates via High Gloss

My favorite look is the sort of old-word sepia coloring. I found a source for a gorgeous piece via Restoration Hardware, it's a map of the 'Plan de Paris' from 1739:



Stunning, but the idea of maps as art doesn't have to break the bank - this could be an easy DIY! Using your favorite map can be personal & practical; a memory of a favorite trip or even your own home town in any colorway you desire. You could even do a grouping similar to the one below using several 8.5x11 pieces allowing you to print each section  of the map on your own home printer.


Have any of you included maps as art in your own homes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment