{sarah's house 4: the living room}


Did you fellow Canadians catch the first two episodes of Sarah's House last Tuesday? I am excited about this new series, it's already looking lovely! Sarah purchased a lot in a 'builder-basic' suburban neighbourhood so that she could be involved in tweaking the developer's plans from the very start and show us how to take 'cookie-cutter to cupcake!' Spoiler alert: if you are in the US and don't want to see pics of Sarah's House before the episodes air {rumored to be April} don't scroll down!!

The best part? There will be not one, but TWO episodes every week! This week was the 'Find and Buy' and 'Living Room' installments, next up the entry way and kitchen. DELISH! Here's a look at the living room, which was expanded compared to the original plans, the only negative is the powder room was abolished because of this {we'll see how she makes up for that one}. The palette was soft and neutral with hits of jewel-like lavender and purple. I love that idea, as you can later change the entire room by accessory-swaping.






What do you think of the space? I'm loving so many things: the antique pair of laterns, the addition of an old fireplace frame to mix old with new, the oversized herringbone rug, the mixing of different metals, and the arrangement of two sitting areas {a signature Sarah move}! I don't know about you, but my PVR is already set for tomorrow's episodes :)

PS. I wanted to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your AMAZING support through comments and emails, you have NO idea how much it means to me. All of your stories, prayers, and thoughts just warmed my heart. How amazing is it that people all over the globe can identify with how you feel, share similar experiences, and show love and support all through the world-wide-web? People that I may never get the chance to meet face to face have touched my life in so many ways. This crazy-wonderful blogosphere never ceases to amaze me and I am so thankful to each and every one of you. GIANT virtual hugs xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment