{lusting: hudson's bay point blanket}


The Hudson's Bay Company is as Canadian as Canadian gets, in fact it's history of fur trading posts goes back before our country's existence! In those early days, the Hudson Bay Point Blanket {first introduced in 1780} was often traded in exchange for beaver pelts; today this blanket is an iconic collectible often passed down from generation to generation. I would love to own one of these beautiful wool blankets one day, I still kick myself over the fact that I came across one at an antique shop in great condition for only $80 {they retail from $275-$475} and didn't grab it and run! As a first-generation Canadian, I would love to pass this iconic piece on in my own family!


{left} unknown; {right} House Beautiful



I love this neutral variation on the classic palette as well, it would fit well in modern spaces:


{left} The Bay; {right} Elle Decor

{left} Hudson's Bay Company book (Assouline) $65; {right} Caroline Fur Hudson's Bay $2195

The wool blankets range from $275 to $475 {also available in the US at L.L.Bean and Woolrich}, BUT did you know that The Bay has added a fleece throw with the iconic stripes for only $35? Pair it with the little illustrated history book, 'The Blanket,' and I think this would make a rather charming Christmas gift!

{left} HBC's The Blanket - available in stores; {right} HBC fleece throw $35

At that price, I may just have to pick up a throw for myself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment