{the hermes scarf + a fab diy}

Since the first scarf made its debut in 1937, the House of Hermès has produced more than two thousand fabulous designs. This classic wardrobe staple can be converted into a home accessory in a snap! My favorite examples are as a framed piece of art, or a silky smooth pillow.




The home of Kelly Bensimon via Mainstreet Chic

NYC Real Housewife Kelly Bensimon has several Hermes pillows on her sectional, she mentioned that she loves having 2 different scarves sewn together so that she can flip the pillows and have a whole new look on a whim. My favorite thing about these "scarves-turned-pillows" is their huge size!


Ivanka Trump's home via Little Green Notebook

This photo below made the rounds in the blogosphere; I adore the look of a grouping of frames:




I spotted a fabulous DIY idea over at little lovely showing how you can get the look of framed Hermes scarves at a fraction of the price! The book 'The Hermes Scarf' displays 292 color illustrations of their fab scarves! You can purchase this book for a mere $60 on Amazon and scan or cut out your favorites to have framed. Here's the example from little lovely ....


I love this idea! And you can't beat that price for pretty artwork ... and at $400 a pop, a grouping of real-deal scarves would definitely add up :) I think I'm going to have to order that book!



 


0 comments:

Post a Comment