{4 ways to display fresh flowers}



Hi friends! I'm happy to be back here after a tough last 3 days. My Mom & Dad brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers this weekend to celebrate submitting my thesis, and I was thrilled because I adore fresh flowers in the house! And an added bonus was all the beautiful bright pinks & purples gave me the hope that spring is actually on its way. On that note, I started dreaming up what I would like to try to do with flowers this coming season ...

1. Flowers in a bowl: I love the trick of using a grid of clear tape to keep the flowers perfectly in place across a wide-mouthed vessel like a simple bowl.

left (Martha Stewart); right (Acrylic tape dispenser via Design Darling)


2. Ombre: Everything ombre is all the rage, just type it in on Pinterest and you'll get everything from cakes to hair to clothing. I love this simple trick of placing a few shades of the same flower in a longer vessel, wouldn't this wow your dinner guests?



3. Giving flowers as a gift? How about brown paper packaging? I made a vow to use kraft paper for all of my gift-wrapping needs this year, so I'll be doing the same with flowers.



4. Try a different vessel: I love the look of flowers displayed in tea canisters or old sugar jars and the like. It always creates a unique result, especially when considering you can place flowers in anything when you place a glass vase with water into your desired vessel.



Does all this talk of flowers get you excited for spring? It does for me :)

Thank you SOO much for all of your emails & comment support this past week. I am insanely behind on responding to emails so please bear with me, I'll be playing catch up this week. Also, thanks for being genuinely interested in my progress, now that my thesis is submitted I have one month to study like crazy in order to orally defend my PhD in April. I can see that light at the end of the tunnel and I am so grateful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment