{musings on a monday ...}

Happy second week of the year friends! How was your weekend? Mine was good, got a few things done, plus had a bit of time to be lazy ... always a great combination! I'm sharing a few random musings I've have on my mind for this week ...

1 Hopes & wishes for 2012 - There is a possibility brewing amongst my family, talks of a trip to Europe this summer. I would DIE! I've never been to London, Paris, Rome, and let's just say they are on the absolute TOP of my 'places to travel' list. What better way to celebrate graduating, turning 30, and reaching 5 years of marriage? This could be the icing on my 2012 cake ... I'm going to be praying from now that it happens! And if it does, best be sure I'll be asking all of you where I MUST go and what I MUST see!



2 On that note, I have one other giant wish for 2012. We all know a home isn't truly a home without a fur baby ... I'm hoping for 2 new little one's sometime this year. So far we think one of our choices may be a Boston Terrier. We are still taking our time reading up about breeds that would fit well into our home and our family, and I only just learned about the Tibetan Spaniel! They are right up my alley, great attitude, small size ... and I'm so happy to have come across this breed, do any of you have one? I'd love to learn more about them. Any other breeds you think I should be looking into?? I could be missing something else I hadn't considered!

Boston Terrier

Tibetan Spaniel

3 Boxing week continues - There are still so many deals to be had out there right now! I'm not sure if it's a sign of tough times, but it is great for the consumer. I bought this little print dress before Christmas from Jacob, and now it's on sale for only $39.99. It's comfy and cute, everything a casual dress should be. Yes I paid way more than that ... bitter? Maybe. But I did where mine at Christmas so oh well. I paired it with hot pink tights from H&M.

4 I've started the purging and organizing this weekend, starting with my bathroom ... those cupboards have been driving me crazy! Boy do I love the feeling of everything in it's place. I've got to head to Ikea in the coming week for a few of those fab drawer organizers. Have you got a start on tackling the clutter? I'm also trying to tackle mental clutter, went out and bought a pretty agenda from Chapters, and it was on sale too! All part of the plan to keep on track and make it happen!



5 Another thing I have to keep track of: what I am eating! Christmas was a week of feasts around here, and I am feeling it. I am usually pretty careful with what I eat overall {though I am far from a calorie counter!!} but desserts and particularly baked good are my major weakness. I found a bit of a secret weapon to wean myself off of all the holiday goodies ... these dark chocolate sweets surrounding real fruit pieces. They are DELISH and only 180 calories per 1/4 cup! You can find Mangosteen, Blueberry, and Pomegranate centers - and I found mine at Costco.

my weakness

my new-found best friend :)

6 One last random note - I always love to organize wrapping, especially after the holidays. I've decided that this year I want to keep the craziness of bags, rolls of paper etc. to a minimum, I'm going ALL brown paper. All year long, for every occasion. I'll just have fun getting creative with the ribbons and bows and all that jazz - there is TONS of inspiration out there right now, especially on Pinterest of course!



Phew! Thanks for reading through to the end of that list of random musings on a monday. Hope you have a fantastic start to your week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment