{house tour: the house of windsor}

Do you feel like these days, with the bombardment of amazing interiors via magazines, blogs, pinterest etc., it's hard for any space to really wow you? Let alone a whole HOUSE? I've felt this way lately, but then last night I stumbled upon the House of Windsor and my socks were knocked off. Completely.

Now, I think I've been living under a rock ... this was a show home in LA last year, and I have seen various rooms before but I didn't even know they were from the same HOME! This was a collaborative concept-house created by Veranda and Windsor Smith, and they had help from designers Candace Barnes, Stephen Block, Martyn Lawrence Bullard, Peter Dunham, Richard Hallberg, Kathryn M. Ireland, Paul Robbins, Richard Shapiro and Tara Shaw. My FAV part is that on the project's website there is a way to experience it through an amazing 360-degree video tour that allows you to scan and “move” through each tiny detail of every room. Amazing, you MUST check it out.

Here are some images and screen shots while I was enjoying the 360 tours late last night :), you should click each image to make them ginormous, the details are exquisite:



Great room - Richard Shapiro


Had to include a good shot of the amazing herringbone floors:


Kitchen - Windsor Smith

Now THAT is a kitchen:


Family Room - Windsor Smith


If you haven't noticed yet, everything in this home seems to be of EPIC proportions {hard to capture that in pictures}. Here is a photo of people in this sitting room, look how large the artwork and shelves are! Can you imagine getting to walk through this home in person? I'd die. I simply would not live.


And this family room was in my dream home file, I never knew it belonged to this house. You may recognize this angle of the room shown below more than those above. What a neat concept for a family room: a place where everyone can hang out but do their own thing! Those brass chairs! And the view!! Windsor is my hero.





Office/Bedroom - Peter Dunham


Screening room - Martyn Lawrence Bullard

Master bedroom - Candace Barnes

Master bath - Candace Barnes

A pink Hermes throw? Deary me.

Bedroom - Tara Shaw



The Courtyard

And that's not even the whole place!! If you're like me and hadn't seen this amazing home before, run over and take the virtual tours, serious eye candy & SO worth your time. Any one actually get to visit this concept home? Do tell! Happy Wednesday friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment