{gold rush}

I have to say, when I saw the 'Putting on the Glitz' article in this month's issue of House & Home I'm pretty sure I drooled a little. I am just loving the gold trend that has been around for a while, and is continuing on strong! At this fall's IDSwest show gold furnishings and accessories were in full force; I particularly fell for a sweet little gold stump table from Mint and a gold-speckled cowhide rug at The Cross media lounge. I think gold is going to be a flourishing trend well into 2011! {images via House & Home}


Gold is obviously pretty perfect for holiday decor, but it can go well beyond the Christmas season for that little touch of glam all year round. I especially love gold with a healthy dose of black as seen in these images:



Years ago I was a dedicated silver-lover, I thought it was the more modern and sleek metal. But I now appreciate both metals equally, and I think in the right amount and style gold can have such a modern look! Add flair with a simple pillow {KWID}, or a statement piece like this gorgeous side table {Neiman Marcus - in my opinion it would add the finishing touch to any space!}:




So what do you think? I'm thinking gold is going to stick around for a while, and I am lovin' it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment