{inspiration for my home office}

Two pretty new lovelies have come to live with me at my home:


It's the replica Eames management chair I have long been conveting and blogged about here {$269 each from Costo.ca}! I ordered 2 so that hubby and I would have matching chairs in our home office. Here's a little sneak peek of where I paint/work/blog, my side of the office:


There is sooo much to do in this office, the space is large but the current layout is terrible!


It really doesn't use the space's full potential, and now that we have these gorgeous chairs I want to bring the rest of the room up to par. Here is what I am envisioning; a long built in desk that could take both chairs on one end of the room. On the opposite side I dream of putting the two bookshelves which currently flank our large windows together in the corner and have a lovely settee and table to create a relaxing spot for reading:

And I think that we could build this desk inexpensively ourselves {hubby, are you reading this? I am thinking summer project!?!}...

Here are some photos I have been saving for inspiration when we tackle the 'built-in' desk look, I am thinking white with the white chairs and then bring in color with drapery, a rug, a gallery wall above the desk, and accessories.






So what do you think? Any thoughts or advice for this space?

0 comments:

Post a Comment