{10 fabulous blogger diy's}

I've scoured the blogosphere and collected some of my favorite DIY's, several of which I would love to try my hand at! Here they are:

3 Amazing Upholstered Headboards:

I'd love to attempt an upholstered headboard, or actually two! There are so many wonderful DIY's out there, I found a how-to video from House & Home that seems especially helpful that you can watch here. I envision two single beds in our guest bedroom to give a sort of 'hotel chic' look:


Brooke from All Things Thrifty created a master piece in her master bedroom with this beautiful headboard, she perfectly upholstered every panel individually!


My talented friend Barbara over at Hodge:Podge has mastered the art of diamond tufting, her gorgeous raspberry silk headboard was featured on HGTV online!


Janell of Isabella & Max Rooms created a stunner, a headboard wall with a fabulous nailhead trim, yum!


3 Fabulous Stenciled Walls:

I love the idea of creating a stencil and applying it to get a custom 'wallpaper' look, but without the expensive commitment! As long as you have a serious dose of patience, this looks like an incredible project. How gorgeous is the wall stencil Janell from Isabella & Max Rooms created:


Kate from Centsational Girl's master bedroom got a lovely shimmering trellis pattern {oh, and PS. she also made the upholstered headboard! Gorgeous!}:


This may be the most patience-requiring project I have ever seen; and Imperial Trellis wall done on the blog Hello Gorgeous, how amazing is this? It literally looks like the real-deal, and I love the shimmer effect of the pearlized paint:


4 IKEA Dressers Get New Life:

I'm happy with how my Rast dressers turned out, and I've found so many other re-invented IKEA pieces that are seriously drool-worthy. If you haven't already seen Aubrey & Lindsay's take on the Rast dresser, you've been missing out!


Barbara at Hodge:Podge turned this dresser into a glam piece with a little silver-leafing and some crystal knobs:


This next dresser by Bri of Me, You and a Wiener made me do a double {ok maybe triple} take! Although not a Rast, this larger IKEA dresser went from drab to fab with trim details in a greek key motif {dying over the gold and turquoise combo too!}:


I adore it and I'd love to try this, it reminds me of a night table I have long coveted from one of Christina Murphy's bedroom projects:


Seriously, isn't it amazing to see how unique these four takes on plain jane IKEA dressers are? Just goes to show how creative you can be and how many different looks can result by either silver-leafing, stenciling, staining, or adding trim!


How amazingly talented is the blog-world?? I feel like I have so much to learn ... a big thanks to all of these talented people for continuing to inspire me! So many projects, so little time. Did I miss any DIY's that you drool over and want to give a try?

0 comments:

Post a Comment