{dining room before & after + plate display}


Happy Friday! I've only been back to work for 3 days but I am sooo excited to have a couple days off again!! As promised, here's a bit of decorating heaven for you to round off the first week of the year. Who doesn't love a satisfying before & after? Here's a fabulous and striking dining room designed by Colleen McGill of McGill Design Group.

BEFORE:


AFTER:

 
Wowzers! I love everything about it, the inky blue walls, the gold-trimmed table, the plush chairs, ginger jars, AND that plate display! It's such a graphic & modern twist on the traditional plate wall. It got me thinking how I'd love to try something like that one day; here are a few other fab examples:

 
I love either blue & white or black and white in a simple symmetrical pattern, and I adore the idea of using Fornasetti plates.

Kelly Wearstler; source unknown
 
Tone on tone is pretty fabulous too:
 
 
Grey and gold could also be amazing:
 
 
What do you think? Are you loving this contemporary take on the plate wall display as much as I am?
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment