{3 trends for 2013 ... }


Now that we are into 2013, I've been paying close attention to trends I think will carry on well into this year, many of which seem to have had their start in 2012. For this year I think we will see a continuation of luxurious layering, mixing patterns, further return to classic lines & maximalistic designs. I think we won't be as afraid to display our stuff, whether it be a collection of vases, family photos, or hords of magazines. Here are 3 trends I predict we are going to see more and more of ...
1. JEWEL TONES: Deep & saturated colors are going no where, and this goes for our homes and our closets. We heard from Pantone that emerald is all the rage - but I think it'll extend to other tones, blues, purples, burgundy and so on. And how great do these hues work with gold and brass? {which are also going no where by the way}.
 
 
 
2. GREY & PUTTY IN THE KITCHEN: White kitchen cabinets have been a staple for several years now, but have you noticed a crop of kitchens with warmer shades lately? I sure have, and I think we are going to see more of it. I love how it warms up a space that can be too stark & utilitarian, and once again, it works wonders with brass!
 
Style at Home; unknown source
 
Kelly Deck for AyA Kitchens
 
3. MIXING PATTERNS: This was a big trend in 2012, but I think it's going to be taken up a notch in 2013 as we become more bold with our interiors. This one will be seen in our fahsions as well, we all remember how well Olivia pulled off florals & leopard!
 
 
The home of Christine of Bijou and Boheme
 
So what trends do you predict for this year? I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment