{happy weekend + grilled cheese heaven}

You don't see recipes around here simply because I am NOT a great cook. I can pull something tasty together, but it's usually with a bit of struggle, and I generally stay within my comfort zone. I want to try hard to move out of that comfort zone and try making things that sound super intimidating to me. And when things turn out okay I'll hopefully post about my adventures here.

Last week I came across this recipe that was well within my comfort zone, and contained one of my favorite ingredients: avocados! It was so easy to make and super yummy ...



Here's my modified recipe for 1 sandwich:

Ingredients

2 slices bread (I used a whole wheat bread)
2 tablespoons Pesto (I bought this instead of making it from scratch)
2 slices mild white melty cheese (I used mozzarella)
handful fresh baby spinach
¼ avocado, sliced
2 tablespoons goat cheese (I used soft unripened, crumbled)
thin spread of butter on the outside of each slice of bread

Directions

Spread about 1 tablespoon of Pesto onto each slice of bread, and a small amount of butter on the outside of each slice. On one slice of bread, add 1 slice of cheese, sliced avocado, crumbled goat cheese, spinach, then top it with second slice of bread. Press together gently.
Heat in a frying pan over medium low heat and cook until bread is golden brown. Press down on the sandwich lightly, then flip the sandwich over and cook until second side is golden brown.


It was so fresh and yummy! And although it was very easy, I was happy to start trying new things. I hope I can keep it up.

Have you tried a new recipe lately? I'd love to hear! Happy weekend to you!

images and original recipe via Tastespotting

0 comments:

Post a Comment