{home is where the heart is ... }

Sorry for the late Friday post, I have to fess up and admit I have been under a bit of stress this week and it's left me feeling a little uninspired today. I've got a big work deadline and I'm fighting against the clock, strambling away writing etc. But the {much needed} long weekend is around the corner! I can just smell it :)


However, most of my recent stress has been due to my little fur baby, see the problem is that he looks like a puppy, acts like a puppy, but is actually 12 years old and we tend to forget that. He just seems like a baby to me, always full of energy. So when he started having violent seizures this week it was quite a shock to our system. Totally unexpected, and at VERY fast progression. I totally thought this was it.

After a couple visits to the vet we are now dealing with a sedated, sleepy dog on anti-seizure meds {any one out there have advice/experience with this?}. We are working out the correct dose for this poor little 8-pound ball of fluff, and I'm happy to see that he's getting a bit better in the last 48 hours. I'm also just thankful to still have my little buddy around.

Because of all of this, I was feeling a wee bit distracted/disinterested in posting this week, and I apologize for the lack of visits and comments to my fellow bloggers blogs! I strive to bring you inspiration through beautiful interiors and gorgeous finds I come across every day, but it really got me thinking that none of that matters when a loved family member or pet isn't doing so well. I think I speak for many when saying, I wouldn't care about the latest fabrics or furniture lines if it weren't for the love in my home. It's the people & often pets that make our homes full of beauty and comfort. So I leave you with that thought for the long weekend, please say a prayer for our little one and take the time to give your loved ones an extra big hug for me this weekend :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment