{junk in the trunk}


Trunks and vintage suitcases add such a wonderful layer of interest to any space, and even bring a bit of the 'well travelled' look. My mom rediscovered a beautiful large trunk we had stored away for some time, and decided she'd like to use to store letters, notes, & fun little memorabilia ... great idea right? We already found all kinds of great stuff to put in it, like a funny little poem I wrote her when I was 10 years old!! What a pleasure it will be to open and look through it from time to time.

Now the question is how to display this pretty little treasure? Oh, let me count the ways! I searched for inspiration and found trunks and suitcases being displayed as bedside tables, on shelves, as a bar, at the end of the bed, or even as a coffee table!










1913 Louis Vuitton wardrobe trunk




Oh, dear .... I think I need to find a couple trunks for myself now!! I love all the display inspiration, and the different materials like lucite & brass. Whether antique or new, I think this look is delish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment