{fabulous nursery inspiration ...}

I was out shopping for a baby shower yesterday, so I kinda had baby stuff on the brain. No, no announcements to make, Lol! I just LOVE to be inspired by baby rooms that don't look baby per se. I know that's not everyone's taste, but I personally love a baby room where the crib is really the only indication that it is a baby room. Call me crazy but I love the sophisticated chic look! Last week Erin Gates of Elements of Style posted a reader's nursery that was bananas, I die:



What I love most is that the color palette, roman blinds, sofa, artwork, and rug could be right at home in a gorgeous living room!!

You could literally plop a desk in place of the crib and have a beautiful home office ... I love that!



So here is a round-up of other inspiration I've tucked away in a file. Those who know me personally know that I'm not quite ready for kiddies yet, seeing as the only part I get excited about is decorating the room!! But, I know I'll get there eventually, so I'm saving all these pics for the future :)






Erika Bretchel

Erika Bretchel


Love, love, love when unique furniture pieces are used in a childs space:




A rocker with tufting or nailhead trim? Check.


And how about a glam crib and change table? Done and done!


I love all the inspiration that is out there! What do you think, are we moving away from simply painting the room pink or blue and calling it a day? I sure think so!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment