{sarah 101: contemporary living room}

Last night's episode was fantastic, Sarah and Tommy have done it again! I love that this contemporary feeling space still got that special 'Sarah' touch! Did you watch it? The room recieved a beautiful grey and soft yellow palette, and the perfect amount of texture with a grasscloth wall. Well here are some of the highlights that I really loved:


Don't know if you can tell in the photos but the artwork above the sofa is illuminated from behind! How neat!! {And it was the homeowners photography that was used, a nice personal touch}.

I loved all of the mid-century pieces they re-upholstered, perfect for this contemporary space.


How about that zebra rug? Fabulous or fabulous?? It's from West Elm, and Sarah and Tommy had 2 rugs sewn together width wise to create a rug large enough for the space. Fantastic trick!

Sarah placed a built in banquette in the dining area which saved a lot of room in a very small space. And lastly, the touches of gold were right up my alley, I fell for the light fixture, and then Sarah mentioned it was made in Egypt and I wanted it so bad!! Lovely and exotic.


Hope you enjoyed the episode as much as I did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment