{sarah 101: classic ensuite}

An 80's bathroom got a serious facelift on Sarah 101 this week! And I think I've come to an important conclusion: Sarah does bathrooms well. REALLY well. I've included a little SR bathroom round-up in this post just to prove my point :)


Hard to believe this gorgeous bathroom was a scary 80's mess beforehand {kinda wish they included before pics on the website}. What I loved most was the seamless mixing of high and low end items. For example, the free-standing tub is basically a piece of art, but the vanity was a big box find through Lowes! And boy, does Sarah know how to work tile!! I love the grey stripes run around the room half way up the wall, and the tile border that adds interest on the floor. I've always been drawn to tile borders, and tiles placed to almost look like a 'rug':



Another tip Sarah shared on this episode was to think of your fixtures as the jewelry of the room, they will elevate the whole look of the space!



The tiny touches of pink and the feminine curves of the vanity and chair take this room to the next level! And I love that the pink was brought in with accessories, but all fixed elements remain classic and timeless. Sarah and Tommy pointed out that this way, you could change the look of your bathroom seasonally with accessories.



Beautiful! I'm ready to move in :) Here are a few other bathrooms Ms. Richardson has designed that make me swoon, they are all so airy and light:












Nothing but loveliness! I'm looking forward to next week's episode already :)

PS. I am guest blogging over at Arianna Belle's beautiful blog today, click here to read about 5 things that made a difference to me*

0 comments:

Post a Comment