{photography inspiration: enchanting cinemagraphs}

Have you heard of photographer Jamie Beck's wildly popular Tumblr blog, From Me To You? Jamie and her husband, visual graphics artist Kevin Burg, created and coined the term Cinemagraph - still photographs with moving elements - which exploded in popularity in 2011. You may have happened upon Jamie and Kevin's work on the popular iOS app Flipboard, which features a Cinemagraph right on its front page.

I myself have used what I simply call 'GIF's' over here on the blog from time to time, and I absolutely love that they maintain elements of photography and cinema {hence the name}! I never even thought about how these GIF's were created, apparently they shoot on both still and video equipment and use Adobe After Effects and Photoshop for editing. The results are so captivating, I could stare forever! I'll let the images do the rest of the talking {all images via From Me To You}:




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In the words of super model Coco Rocha {pictured directly above}, they are “More than a photo but not quite a video” allowing a moment to live forever. I love the subtlety of these images, you often need to look closely to capture the details! My favorite so far is the taxi cab passing by reflected in the cafe window. Very enchanting indeed, I look forward to what Jamie and Kevin will dream up next.


P.S. To use these GIF's on your own blog, simply make sure to right-click and save as a GIF file. You will then need to upload the image to a host site such as Photobucket or Picasa. Place the hyperlink to the image into your post and you should see animation in action!

0 comments:

Post a Comment