{trash to treasure: my curbside find}

Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts this week - work has been heavy but I am ploughing through. I promised to show you guys a peek at my little curbside find, so here is the super cute brass bench I shoved into my trunk faster than you can say PULL OVER! Seriously, I nearly gave myself whiplash when my eyes locked on this fab FREE find. Good thing was that hubby was driving and was willing to indulge me and make a quick U-turn! Even though he thought I was crazy, he happily shoved it into the trunk ... it's a DIY just waiting to happen:

 
Cute right? But a closer look would show that it's covered in rust and needs major TLC. So here's where I would love your advice - sand and spray with a metallic finish? Any expert tips on removing rust from metal? Any favorite metallic finish spray you have used that looks close to real metal?? So far I'm considering these from Valspar, Rust-Oleum, and Krylon.
 
 
And fabric for the seat! I'm considering placing the bench in my entryway - which has got me thinking I want something with a bold touch of whimsy. My ULTIMATE dream would be Scalamandre's zebra fabric in black - but the black wallpaper colorway doesn't exist as a fabric yet!! :(
 
 
I love the modern take's on toile that I've been seeing these days, and blue & white could be a fun addition of color {above is Lee Jofa's Willow pattern}. Another favorite of mine is Schumacher's Shantung Silhouette in smoke - I've been dying to use it somewhere for some time now!
 
Would Scalamandre's zebras in another colorway be fun? My entry pretty much has no color thus far.
 
 
Or a modern take on toile?
 
 
Or my beloved Shantung Silhouette? I adore the scale:
 
 
What other fun & whimsical fabrics do you think I should consider? I'd really love your suggestions, I'm not stuck on any look right now. And any rust removal & re-finishing tips you can give me are MUCH appreciated also!
 
Have a great Thursday :)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment