{news in the world of fashion}

Happy Friday friends! I'm excited for the weekend, you too? I'm hoping to head out for a nice walk along the seawall to enjoy the water & sun with my hubby.

Here's a bit of a round up of what's been happening this week in the fashion world:

First up, Vancouverites rejoice! We finally have a J. Crew!! Doors opened earlier this week at the Robson street location. This is the second J. Crew in Canada, and I'm so happy to see that we are finally catching up. I smell a shopping trip in my near future :)

J. Crew Fall 2012 line

Speaking of J. Crew ... did you see that Jenna Lyons recently had a look-alike model at the showing of her Fall 2012 line? She claims this was unintention ... you be the judge.


I LOVED reading through this list of '29 of Fashion's Biggest Mysteries Solved' on Refinery29 this week ... I learned so much! Did you know BCBG stands for 'Bon chic, bon genre,' meaning 'good style, good attitude.'  Hop over to find out things like 'why the red sole'? and 'why houndstooth is called houdstooth'?


Did you hear that Fashion Television is ceasing filming? I am so sad, this has been a staple in my Canadian TV viewing nearly my whole life. I have memories of me and my dad watching the runway shows and just gasping at the couture gowns that were more like sculptural art than wearable garments. Jeanne Beker brought young Canadians a taste of the behind the scenes happening at every major show for the passed 27 years. She brought the likes of Karl Lagerfeld and Oscar de la Renta into Canadian living rooms. I'm really going to miss this show! Goodbye Fashion TV, you will be greatly missed.

The beginning: Jeanne Beker then {1985}

And now {2012}

One of Fashion TV's final installments included following The Coveteur for a sneak peak into the wardrobe and home of Canadian interior design guru Brian Gluckstein. He's got quite the collection, I must say! And newer photos of that iconic library bathroom of his were so fun to see ... it's got to be my favorite bathroom of all time!





Beautiful! Get's me every time. I wish you all a fabulous weekend, see you back here on Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment