{4 kitchen desk ideas}

I love having a little kitchen desk in our home. It's a great spot to sit & write grocery lists, stash receipts and mail, and of course it's an opportunity to create a vignette! Here are a few ideas I love for this practical nook:

1 If I ever get the chance to build my dream home I think my first wish would be to have a nice sized window to bring in natural light above the kitchen workstation. Built-in sconces or a lamp would create perfect additional lighting for the evenings:


Effie Genovese via Style at Home

2 If you don't have the opportunity to look out of a beautiful window, creating visual interest with a bulletin board is a nice alternative. It's pretty and it's practical!



A statement chair really adds omph to this corner of an overly 'utilitarian' space, and I'm loving the gorgeous Alexandra quatrefoil chair from Suzanne Kasler's line:


4 I love the idea of organization through small drawers or cubbies. Wouldn't it be fun to designate a mail/homework cubby for each family member, each labelled with a custom silhouette like the ones below?

left: via House Beautiful, right: unknown

Do you have a kitchen workstation? Does yours happen to incorporate any of these features? Any ideas I missed? I'd love to hear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment