{pretty poufs are everywhere!}

While in Egypt I tried to keep my eyes peeled for any decor trends I could spot. On thing was for sure, I came across poufs everywhere!! These little creations are often referred to as Moroccan poufs, although as far as I am concerned they are as Egyptian as they are Moroccan, because I can remember having them in our home growing up {Mom, if you're reading this, I remember them in dark green...does my memory serve me right?}

A street market we visited in Sharm El Sheik



Sources from left to right: Moroccan Prestige, Authentic Morocco, and Calypso.

Poufs have been trendy in North America for the passed few years, and they are still going strong. They come in so many colors, there is surely one to fit your decor! You can pick one up from John Derian's shop for $285 a pop, or grab a more modest version from Ebay seller Crafts of Egypt for only $19.99.

I was excited to see a lovely pouf from Table Tonic featured in the premier issue of Rue, they carry such a wide variety of colors!


These mini-ottoman's are ideal for additional seating, they make great foot rests, and they can add color and prettiness to any room! Just look at the evidence :)

Elle Decor

Elle Decor

If Kelly Wearstler placed them in her kid's rooms, you know poufs are cool.


Kelly Wearstler

Metallics are particularly hot right now:

Amanda Nisbet

Jonathan Adler


How about white poufs for a nursery?? Dreamy! {And you can probably wipe them up easily when things aren't that dreamy}

Serena & Lily

via decorpad

I think if it were me I'd go for the classic and restrained look; simple black with contrasting stitching to show off the structure. Yum.


via decorpad

Which would you choose??

0 comments:

Post a Comment