{happy thanksgiving ... }

Happy Monday and a very Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow Canadians! I hope you are enjoying the day off and getting to indulge in some yummy food :)

With an extra day to get things done at home, I actually found time to tackle the pumpkin-painting project that I blogged about last week! I really loved the inspiration photos that mixed matte chalk paint with glam & shiny gold. So I took these lovely mini au natural pumpkins:

 
And gussied them up like this!
 
 
How fun! And best of all it was a super quick project. I chose to keep it simple with 2 colors and 1 pattern: I had Liquitex acrylic heavy body paint {in iridescent bright gold} lying around from a past project, and I used the FAT Paint Company's chalk paint in a gorgeous smoky 'Bella Blue.' The great thing about the FAT paint is that it's thick, goes on super easy, and drys very fast. And I love the matte & shiny combination! I placed the pumpkin's in this rustic bamboo bowl from IKEA, it looks perfect for a fall table.
 
 
Below you can see that my polka-dot pattern is quite far from perfect, I just went for it! But I'm sure you could find a tool that would do the trick to get it just right.
 
 
I think they look cute on a crystal cake platter too ... a little something non-traditional for your Thanksgiving table ...
 
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your day with family, friends & food! I know I will, I'm going to stuff myself with stuffing, it's my favorite!
 
Apologies for the lack of posts last week, something I haven't shared with you yet is that I got a job! It's keeping me busy but I am so blessed, I'm teaching part-time at a local university and part-time at a local college. It's definitely a start. If you remember this post several months ago, I was feeling pretty sad and nervous about getting out into the world after graduation. I'm so thankful that God has a plan for me, and even when I try to take matters into my own hands and get all panicky and anxious, His plan is WAY better than anything I could try to figure out on my own. And for that I am truly thankful this weekend.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment