{karla's dreamy space: the kerrisdale design inc. office}

Today I am excited to have one of my favorite bloggers and friend guest blogging for me! Please welcome Karla of Kerrisdale Design; uber talented designer, blogger, and mommy extraordinaire! Check out her lovely portfolio here, {trust me, you’ll thank me later!}  Karla's recent work is featured in this month's House & Home Condos {a stunning spread, I might add}, so be sure to pick up a copy!

Hello All! My friend Nancy is off globetrotting, and I've been left to hold the Marcus Design fort. A tough job, but somebody's gotta do it! I'm thrilled to be able to lend a hand over at Marcus Design while Nancy is taking a {much deserved} break. I love visiting Nancy's blog because she is a RESEARCHER! Yup, her scientific background can't help but peek through, and she always writes fabulous posts about the history of certain design details, styles, or patterns. Love it.

Working Girl

Nancy shared her "dream office" awhile back with us readers, so today I thought I'd take a turn and show you what's happening over at the Kerrisdale Design Inc office. Now, you'd think an interior designer would/should have the BEST office, right? WRONG. I believe there is a proverb about the Shoemaker's children going shoeless? Very apt.

My office has been bare & ugly for a whole year since we've moved in. Honestly, I'm embarrassed to even show the before picture! That, my friends, will soon be a thing of the past.

The Floorplan


The Pretty

When coming up with a scheme for the office, I of course had fun hunting for inspiration images of spaces that I'd LOVE to work in. Here are a few that had the mood & feel I wanted ~













The Scheme

And here is the moodboard I've been working from...
...and I'm excited to report that almost everything has been ordered! Now, the worst part of the design process has to take place - waiting for the pretty stuff to arrive. Patience, patience! As I tell my clients, it'll be worth the wait :). Stop by my blog soon for some fabulous "afters"....can't wait to show you the final result!

Thanks Nancy for having me, hope you're having a fabulous time in Egypt!

0 comments:

Post a Comment