{office space: 5 delicious desks}


High-gloss white lacquered desks have long been a favorite of mine. They really give a clean and simple look with just the right amount of glam. I am also drawn to desks with a polished nickel-plated sawhorse base. Basically…to me, shiny = good when it comes to office desks! I’ve rounded up my 5 favorite desks, including examples of rooms utilizing each style.

1. The Jett Desk from Z Gallerie - Designed with clean lines, nickel plated pulls and a functional angled shelf to store magazines and books, this desk tops my wishlist right now!


via Lonny

A desk with similar styling:


2. The Parsons Desk from West Elm – This desk will always be a sleek, chic table with beautiful straight lines.

Jen of MadeByGirl used this pretty lacquered piece in her lovely home office. I love that she placed two of these desks facing each other; it really makes for an appealing layout. You can get all the details of her space by clicking here.


Another table inspired by the shape of the Parsons desk:


3. The Mason Glass Top Desk from Williams Sonoma Home - I love the classic design of a basic sawhorse desk combined with a light and airy glass top.





4. The Channing Desk from Jonathan Adler – Love the lucite knobs on this piece. The name: a reference to Bette Davis's character, Margo Channing, in All About Eve.



5. The Mason Wood Top Desk from Williams Sonoma Home – A perfect combination of a bright white top with shiny nickel-plated trestle bases!



Aren’t these all lovely? What would I want my own home office to include, you ask?? Well, many elements would be inspired by the photos above! Here’s a look at my ‘dream’ office:


1. Side chair – Jonathan Adler, 2. Octagonal mirror – One Kings Lane, 3. Jett desk – Z Gallerie, 4. Lamp – Z Gallerie, 5. Lacquered boxes – Plantation Design, 6. Books – Gabriella Sarlo, 7. Desk chair – Z Gallerie

I’ll be keeping these photos tucked away in my inspiration folder ready for the day I can start a home office makeover! What would your dream home office must-have list include?

0 comments:

Post a Comment