{5 fabulous coffee table books}

Lately I am just loving over-the-top coffee table arrangements incorporating books… and I mean lots of books! This might be influenced by my love for books in general; I adore being surrounded by them. Karl Lagerfeld seems to agree with me, here’s an interesting quote from the Chanel front-man himself:


In my opinion, books go beyond reading pleasure as they can also add personality and interest to a design scheme. There are probably so many pictures floating around that are great examples of coffee table displays using books, here are a few that I swoon over:

via Lonny

via Lonny

via domino

I love this Lucite coffee table … and check out the stacks of magazines below, oh how I would love to peer through that collection!

via Lonny

via Lonny

Did you see the coffee table display in Carrie and Big’s new apartment in SATC2? I’ve never noticed anything like it, I love how there are books lying flat combined with books standing up, what an interesting arrangement!



I then came across a similar display via domino:


Interior design books are one of my weaknesses. I feel like a kid in a candy store when I am hanging out in the decor section of a bookstore! On that note, I thought I would include my 5 must-have coffee table books that would be a perfect start in creating the looks above. Not only are these books pretty on the outside, but they are chalk-full of goodness on the inside as well!

1. With the magazine gone, domino – the book of decorating, will have to continue to fill the void. A definite must-have full of inspiration and how-to advice! {bookshelf image via Housewears}

2. I love Kelly Wearstler’s Modern Glamour: it’s over the top and dramatic in true Kelly Wearstler form. Speaking of books, here’s a reading room featured in Modern Glamour, complete with books perched nicely on the coffee table, and a few extras stacked on the wine-cellar inspired bookcase:

3. Hue: Kelly does it again with this recent publication dedicated to the possibilities of color in interior design and decorating. I don’t know about you, but I am loving the different hues of Hue’s front cover! {coffee table image via Lonny}


4. Ahhh, Chanel. Doesn’t the spine of this book say it all? And who doesn’t want to learn more about one of the most glamorous and stylish women in history?

5. Style and Substance: The Best of Elle Decor offers a unique, closer look at hundreds of beautiful rooms the magazine has published in the passed 20 years.
So there you have it! My 5 favorite coffee table books, and my favorite ways to display them. Did I miss any of your favorites? Any must-haves that I should be popping over to Amazon for ASAP??

PS. Thank you to my good friends Laura and Kim, you inspired this post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment