{gallery wall or art shelves?}

I’ve always been drawn to gallery walls, even though thus far I’ve been a bit timid to try one myself. There is something that intimidates me, even though it seems that anything goes! However, a large wall in our home office is crying out for a little attention {ok, so that's not the only thing crying out for attention!}, and I think a gallery wall would do just the trick.

I’ve heard many tips, the most obvious being to cut out newspaper or craft paper in the size of each piece and tape them on the walls until you find a layout you like. Also, to be sure to measure twice,  and make a hole once! But if you mess up, to try making the hanging wire shorter or longer instead of making another hole. Any tips that you have learned that may help me in my endeavors?


Here are some of my favorite gallery wall inspiration photos, many of which are in offices, as I seem to have home offices on the brain!



One of my favorite gallery walls; simple, classic, and tres chic! This beautiful arrangement was created by designer and blogger Karla, of Kerrisdale Design Inc. To see more of her stunning portfolio click here.


via Houzz

Maria Fe of Layers of Meaning even incorporated her puppy in her gallery wall! Side note: I love the touch of Imperial Trellis on the chair.


Another lovely gallery wall created by Janell of Isabella & Max Rooms:






Ok, so it's official, bloggers are uber talented! Yet another blogger, Emily of the lovely blog Emily A. Clark designed a gallery wall in her own home office:


So here's the dilemma: I thought I knew exactly what I wanted, and then I came across the image below over at ABCD Design, and I was quite smitten, to say the least! The photo below inspired this post. I love the look of the art sitting on these floating shelves, and now I feel confused...


So what do you think, are the floating shelves a nice alternative for someone who is afraid to start a gallery wall? Maybe this is a good option for those afraid of commitment as well, as it allows for constant change. Or if you are renting and can't poke 15 holes into the wall!



If you are interested in creating this look, there is a great floating shelf DIY article over at House & Home.



Here’s an interesting combo of art on shelves, and art hanging just above:


I now can’t decide whether to attempt a gallery wall or the art shelf look, I love them both! Which of these looks has you swooning?

0 comments:

Post a Comment