{falling in love with the round settee}

Last month I posted about a lovely piece called a borne settee, which dates back to NapolĂ©on III’s period in France (mid-1800’s). Well I must admit that ever since writing that post I’ve noticed this glam creation time and time again and have begun to fall in love! How dreamy is this perfect round settee??


Here are two other stunning modern examples we looked at last time, the first available through the Windsor Smith Home Collection, and the second through designer Gabriella Sarlo's showroom.

I found out that my dear friend Laura had come across the original Napoleon III borne settee’s while visiting his apartments which are on display at the Louvre in Paris. Can you just imagine the parties that went down in a grand salon such as this? It’s really neat to see the different groups of seating arranged in clusters placed here and there:


Napoleon III seems to have had flair! Look at this little lovely three-seater creation:


Here’s an example of a borne with a plant placed in the center, interesting!



There are so many variations on the borne settee, and this one here has been popping up a lot lately! It’s a bit more poufy with a high centre and often tufted or skirted. This example here is rather masculine in brown leather, but I found several feminine examples as well!
Here's a beautiful piece that is tufted and skirted, it was used in a San Francisco residence designed by Massucco Warner Miller.



From the pages of Lonny magazine:


Here’s a skirted beauty from Tory Burch’s new boutique in Seoul:



Yummy! I want one … if I could choose I would take the creamy one in the first photo or the grey one from the Windsor Smith Home Collection :) My guess is the round settee isn’t going anywhere; after all, it appears to have been on trend for almost 200 years!

PS. I’ll be off on a short family vacation till mid-week, so I wish you all a fab rest of your weekend! Seeing as I won’t be planning to take my laptop to the beach, I’ll be seeing you again on Thursday ;)




0 comments:

Post a Comment