{these are a few of my favorite things}


So this is my very first post, I thought it would be fun to start out with a list of my most favorite things!

Top 3’s - Like all ‘top’ lists this one is purely “IMO” (In My Opinion). These are people and places that, for me, extract the best from the physical world of interior design, and convert it into inspiration. (Side note: being from Vancouver, I tried to keep it mostly Canadian!)

Interior Designers

1. Sarah Richardson – She is one of the greatest Canadian designers! I love her aesthetic, and she has impeccable taste. Her furniture line is amazing (sold at Liberty). One of my favorite things to do on a Sunday afternoon is go out to show homes and hospital lottery houses, and Sarah has designed at least three lottery homes in Vancouver over the last few years. Here are pics from two of those homes:




2. Brian Gluckstein – Props to Canadian designers again! He doesn’t just design your sheets from the Hudson’s Bay Company, he is quite an amazing interior designer. Below is one of the most glamorous bathrooms I’ve ever seen. What a grand idea, a library in a bathroom!



3. Kelly Wearstler – She is known for her bold and over-the-top sensibility, and while I probably would not consider myself as bold, I love her glamour and sophistication and can always be inspired by elements of her rooms. Example: I absolutely die for the curvy shape of this yellow chair…though I may choose a neutral shade!



If you don’t already have a copy of it, I encourage you to grab her book, ‘Modern Glamour.’ I always turn to it for major inspiration!


Vancouver Décor shops

1. Liberty – My #1 fav place to shop and be inspired. I swear I could be happy walking out with absolutely anything from that store. I could furnish my entire home in one outing {if I had the moolah!}. Tip: get on there emailing list and you will always be updated when sales are on!


2. Chinz&Co. - Another inspiring place, I always enjoy the displays they put on at Interior Design shows in Vancouver.


3. HomeSense - Yes, I really mean HomeSense. So great for random finds, and I always stumble upon accessories that are at a much better price but comparable style and quality to higher end stores.



Decor Magazines








Design TV shows

1. House & Home TV – Lynda Reeves tours amazing homes on this show, I was always upset that it did not come on TV very often, but now they have online episodes you can watch any time!

2. Sarah’s House – Sarah’s House season 3 starts on March 9th on HGTV Canada, and in April on HGTV USA. Apparently Sarah literally buys a farm!



3. HGTV’s Top Ten – A great show which airs on HGTV and showcases Top Ten lists of various Canadian and American rooms.


So there you go, some of my most favorite things, now you know a bit more about my style and what really grabs me. Did I miss any of your most favorite inspirations? Stayed tuned, my next posts will include before and after shots of some of the reno’s we have done so far in our home. Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment