{pretty packages + the designs they inspire}

I’ve said it before, but I have to say it again! Fashion and interior design often go hand in hand. How better to showcase this than by showing you how iconic and pretty packaging from several fashion houses can translate into gorgeous interiors?

1. Hermes:

Who doesn’t love the classic and bold look of the Hermes box? I think if I could ever afford anything from Hermes I would be almost as excited about the box as I would be about the contents!


You can purchase lacquered boxes inspired by this look from Plantation Design:


Kelly Wearstler used Hermes orange in this divine room:

via Kelly Wearstler Interior Design

How about a room inspired by Hermes orange and the Hermes fuchsia pink Kelly bag? Yummy!



2. Chanel:

Chanel No.5 is one of the world’s most famous perfumes, but the interesting part is that we recognize the box as much as we do the bottle!


Black and white laquered boxes, like these from Lillie, show a direct influence from the iconic Chanel packing:

Here’s a glamorous dressing room that pays literal homage to Coco Chanel herself. Designed by Anne Hepfer, this room features vinyl-wallpaper (Phillip Jeffries) and a lacquered vanity in the classic black and white palette. Isn’t it like stepping into a Chanel box?





3. Tiffany & Co.

I couldn’t leave out this pretty little package that I think any girl would die to receive! Did you know the Tiffany Blue color is protected as a color trademark by Tiffany & Co.? I don’t blame them; it’s one of the most divine shades of turquoise I have ever laid eyes on:

I would love to have these stunning lacquered turquoise and white boxes from Plantation Design:


Tiffany blue and white reign in this beautiful home office (seriously…I think I would never leave my desk!):

via Domino

A bedroom with several shades of turquoise and lots of airy and bright whites:

via HGTV.ca

I've always wanted a KitchenAid mixer, and I'd say it's pretty perfect in Tiffany blue!!

via Lavender and Lillies

Did I miss any other iconic designer packaging that has inspired interior decor? If you have any favorites that I forgot, I’d love for you to send me some drool-worthy pics!

0 comments:

Post a Comment