{accessory du jour: the chanel brooch}


Hi everyone! Well NY fashion week went in a flash, but I'll be following all the happenings in London, Paris & Milan over the next weeks, will you?

Over the last year, I've been contemplating purchasing a beautiful Chanel brooch, it's an accessory that truly elevates any outfit. I present to you, the evidence:

 
 
 
 
 
 
Miroslava Duma; Atlantic Pacific
 
 
 
Seriously chic. I'd love to bite the bullet and purchase one of these divine brooches, but brand new they are a wee bit out of my price range. I'm scouring eBay constantly but I feel like I need to be a bit better educated to avoid buying a counterfeit. 
 
Left counterfeit; right authentic via Extra Petite
 
This site has a few very helpful tips on spotting the real deal, and if you follow the link to the Purse Forum you can even have experts help you authenticate a brooch {and purses for that matter}!
 
One major flag is if the seller has sold the same brooch not once, not twice...but over twenty times; Chanel products are usually made in limited quantities so this is near impossible. Experts say the back should contain a little oval stamp or embossed mark that says "Chanel" and possibly where it's made. As well, the clasp should never be a distinctly separate piece added onto the brooch backing.
 
 
I'm still on the hunt, I will definitely update you if I make a purchase! Do you own any high end costume jewelry? Do you have any tips on spotting an authentic pre-owned piece?
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment