{wishlist: potted topiaries ...}


Hi everyone! My apologies for being missing in action last week, I had my brothers wedding & a slew of family gatherings which accompanied the wonderful event! What a fantastic time it was, a long weekend here in Canada & the perfect weather too :)

Now I'm back, and my thoughts are returning to my mini-patio project! We have torn down our old rotting deck and are planning to spruce things up a bit back there. One of my wishlist items is potted topiaries. I love the sculptural look, and the reason I want to go potted vs. planted is because I want to be able to take them with me to our next home eventually. We've poured a lot of money into this place and feel like we can't get back much more when selling, so my plan is to spend on furnishings and other things we can take along with us from here on. Hence the 'mini' backyard project for now :)

Here are the inspiration images that I've collected for the potted look I am going for:




 
 
 
So I think what I want is 3 repeated pots {much like directly above on the right}, along the back of the house. My questions for YOU are:
 
1) black pots or terra cotta? Which is your fav?
 
2) What's your favorite evergreen? I'm afraid that boxwoods would not fair so well. The hardier the better for our Vancouver weather!
 
Thanks for your input!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment