{summer 2010 trend report: pure white}

I received my July copy of Elle Canada in the mail just the other day, it’s always great to thumb through for a quick fashion fix! One thing was clear: white is a big trend this summer! Countless designers sent all-white looks down the runway this spring season, here are just a few I found surfing the web:


From the pages of Elle Canada:


Convinced? I guess this isn’t big news, summer often has me thinking of light, airy, crisp white cotton dresses and white hot capris. But what really got me is how much this trend translates into our mood in our interiors!! Here are a few images from my favorite magazines, ALL from just the June and July issues! I think everyone’s got all-white on the brain!
via Style at Home July 2010

Here are two photos Meg Ryan’s beach house, complete with a light and breezy summer palette. Wouldn’t you love to cool down in this airy bathroom?

via Elle Decor June 2010

via Elle Decor June 2010

I love how the dark floor and table anchor this room’s airy white aesthetic:

via House & Home June 2010

via House & Home June 2010

It’s the shape and textures of accessories like these that stand out most with a monochromatic palette:

via Style at Home July 2010

Can you just feel the wonderful breeze??

via Style at Home July 2010

Hot off the press! Here’s a sneak peek of an Ontario weekend home with a crisp white palette featured in this month’s House & Home. It’s a great issue filled with glamorous summer style, be sure pick up a copy!

via House & Home July 2010

via House & Home July 2010

And these aren’t even all the photos I found of a pure-white palette! It's obviously a little too hard to change up the whole house just for the season, but we can easily add a summery feel with white accessories alone! Its images like these that get me so excited for summer. Walking around bare foot on the cool hardwood floor, the summer breeze blowing through the window, sunlight streaming in, hours and hours of daylight…. it truly is the best time of year!


0 comments:

Post a Comment